Top 5 Benefits Of Outdoor Security Cameras
Outdoor security cameras are used for the surveillance of exterior of the building, home or office. These cameras are helpful in providing security to banks and home. They should be weather proof and sturdy, as these cameras are installed outside the building.
7PiXL Multimedia Group is an industry leader throughout the Dallas, Plano, and Frisco area in providing the latest, cutting-edge technology in multimedia, access control and surveillance, security camera installation, key card access, gate control and security system installation, maintenance, and monitoring for multifamily housing projects, commercial, office, industrial, and residential projects. Not only do we design systems that are aesthetically pleasing to the eye, our team is trained to work in concert with building professionals, general contractors, etc. to integrate systems into new or retrofit offices, multifamily complexes, or homes.
Outdoor camera comes in different models. Some models can capture color video and some can take black and white. Some cameras are even capable of taking color videos in day time and black and white video in the night. Outdoor surveillance cameras with advance features may also have infrared illumination (IR) with a passive infrared detector (PIR). This feature lights up the moving objects in complete darkness, which is really helpful for the surveillance of area with no lights. There are cameras available, which have audible or visual alarms, threat imaging, or built-in camera speakers and microphone. For monitoring, an outdoor security camera with a wide angle lens will be useful.
You can get wired as well as wireless outdoor cameras. Wireless cameras are very convenient to use because they do not have cables. These cameras are weather proof. Mostly, these cameras are covered in a box or a shield, which protects the camera from a harsh weather. But the drawback of wireless security camera is high battery-consumption.
7pixl and our team of Security and Access control experts also bring their considerable experience to residential home automation control and security camera installation. Our access to various product lines allow us to tailor fit a residential system to any budget, and deliver a quality, completed project that will please the most demanding customer! From a new home theater or entertainment room to a full-blown state-of-the-art security camera installation, rest assured that the design, install and implementation of your system are performed professionally and properly, ensuring your safety and maximum enjoyment of your system.
There are many advantages of an outdoor security camera. Few of them are:
- Weather resistant – Outdoor cameras have weatherproof lenses. These lenses are clean and dry even in rain or snow. However, you should cover these cameras with some shade, because constant exposure to rain and sun may damage the camera lenses.
- They do not generate any sound and hence other people may not come to know about the presence of camera.
- Work well in night (even in total darkness) as they have infrared illuminator.
- Affordable – They are cost effective. You can even get an outdoor security camera in less than $.100.
- Work as a deterrent device. Many a times, criminals avoid houses or offices equipped with security cameras.
Buying a security camera should not be an impulsive decision. Think sincerely, why do you need a surveillance camera? Once you have decided to buy a camera. Do a survey on internet and local stores to find out the best available option. Basic points that you should consider before buying an outdoor security camera are:
We don’t stop there though, 7pixl can also set up your Audio/Visual system for your new office space as well! With our years of experience, along with the flexibility to develop custom solutions for everyone from small businesses to enterprise organizations, 7pixl can help you build an office with a professional Audio/Visual suite to impress your clients and employees. We also offer Structured Wiring solutions to allow your Television, Audio/Visual, and Internet services to be delivered where needed without clutter. All of our integrated commercial and office AV and control systems are custom designed and tailored to meet our client’s needs, budgets and preferences.
- Check the visibility of the outdoor camera in the night, as most of the crimes occur during night.
- Do not invest in fake outdoor security camera as most of the time trained criminals know the difference between real and fake cameras. These criminals also know how to breach the security. So installing a fake camera outside your premises can just be a waste of money, as it will not be able to record anything.
- Before buying a camera, cross check few things with the supplier like who will install and fix the camera, is there any refund policy?, and the warranty information.
Then comes, number of outdoor surveillance cameras [http://www.sunsecurity.com/security-cameras-outdoor-cameras-c-119_129.html] you may require. This depends on the size of the area you want to cover. Usually, surveillance camera systems come in the multiple of four cameras. So for home security, one surveillance camera system [http://www.sunsecurity.com/security-camera-systems-c-116.html] may be enough but for large buildings you may have to combine outdoor and indoor surveillance cameras.